|(1) _agreement_ means an understanding, arrangement, or association (written or oral) and any modification or cancellation thereof; but the term does not include a maritime labor agreement.
(2) _antitrust laws_ means the Act of July 2, 1890 (ch. 647, 26 Stat. 209), as amended; the Act of October 15, 1914 (ch. 323, 38 Stat. 730), as amended; the Federal Trade Commission Act (38 Stat. 717), as amended; sections 73 and 74 of the Act of August 27, 1894 (28 Stat. 570), as amended; the Act of June 19, 1936 (ch. 592, 49 Stat. 1526), as amended; the Antitrust Civil Process Act (76 Stat. 548), as amended; and amendments and Acts supplementary thereto.
(3) _assessment agreement_ means an agreement, whether part of a collective-bargaining agreement or negotiated separately, to the extent that it provides for the funding of collectively bargained fringe benefit obligations on other than a uniform man-hour basis, regardless of the cargo handled or type of vessel or equipment utilized.
(4) _bulk cargo_ means cargo that is loaded and carried in bulk without mark or count.
(5) _Commission_ means the Federal Maritime Commission.
(6) _common carrier_ means a person holding itself out to the general public to provide transportation by water of passengers or cargo between the United States and a foreign country for compensation that_